The below links are provided as resources for Veterans within the community. If you cannot find the information you are looking for please do not hesitate to contact us.
General Benefits Assistance
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs
- Virginia Department of Veterans Services: Assistance with benefits, veterans education, care centers, veterans cemeteries, the Virginia War Memorial, or the Virginia Wounded Warrior Program.
- Project Enduring Pride: A community outreach program that works with and assists the severely wounded warriors returning from Afghanistan and Iraq and now recuperating at Military Medical Centers and Veterans Administrations Hospitals in the Washington, Richmond or Baltimore areas.
- Final Salute, Inc.: Founded to meet the unique needs of homeless women Veterans.
- Military Service Records: Includes DD 214/Separation Documents, Personnel Records, and/or Medical Records.
Veterans Employment Assistance
- VA’s Veteran Employment Services Office: Provides career tools such as military skills translator, resume builder and federal job search functions
- Marine Executive Association: Provides assistance to Marines transitioning from active duty to reserve/retired status, leaving the Corps at the end of obligated service or moving from one civilian career/job to another.
- Able Forces: Provides a list of job openings available to veterans with a minimum of 30% documented disability and the associated active clearance level.